Prayer Guidance for Candidates and Team
Prayer is the single most important gift of agape given to the candidates and team on a Chrysalis weekend. Covering this weekend in prayer is a way for those who may not be physically serving to represent the Holy Spirit interceding for their brothers and sisters in Christ.
“Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love.Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And you shall renew the face of the earth.
O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy your consolations.
Through Christ our Lord, Amen.”
The following are suggestions for your prayer time, however, be open to where the Spirit leads you. These candidates and team members are counting on you, and more importantly, Christ is counting on you.
“Also, the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit Himself speaks to God for us, even begs God for us with deep feelings that words cannot explain. God can see what is in people’s heart. And He knows what is in themind of the Spirit, because the Spirit speaks to God for His people in the way God wants.” ~ Romans 8:26-27
Please pray for each candidate and team member, by name if known, and ask God to help them forget the outside world for the weekend. Please pray:
- that God will be with those candidates who think they need this weekend the most and those who think they need it the least
- that candidates will be able to freely give of themselves in table discussions
- that candidates will hear the messages shared by each speaker
- that candidates will die to self and faithfully lay down their obstacles to grace during the Prodigal talk or Dying Moments Communion, and truly examine their lives throughout all of the weekend experiences
- that candidates who may not know Jesus and Lord and Savior will ask him into their hearts
- that candidates will feel the love of Christ in a way they have never felt before and that they will not only accept it but take this love back home to be shared with others
- that the candidates hearts will be warmed by each piece of apage and every agape letter
- that agape letters from other communities will show the candidates how far and how wide is thelove of God
- that the Holy Spirit will work in each candidate’s life at the Closing service and into all of their Fourth days and that they will walk closely with Jesus for the rest of their lives
- that candidates and team members will go back to school or work without too much difficulty making up what they may have missed during their weekend
- that team members will concentrate on serving Jesus through their interactions with the candidates
- that all family members of candidates and team members be protected from harm and be maintained in good health throughout the weekend
- that candidates and team members be granted good health and restful sleep during the weekend
- that candidates and team members are able to give themselves over to God in all they think and do over the weekend
- that gifts of agape will be accepted with the same love with which they were given
- for the leadership team, the table leaders, the angels, the musicians, for those preparing food, for those praying, for those who sent agape and all those serving in some way this weekend that through them, the Gospel will be clarified and Christ’s name will be glorified
- for each Speaker, that the Lord will speak to the candidates through them and that each talk will bless and encourage all who hear what the Spirit has to say to them
- for each Sponsor and for the sacrifices they made on their candidate’s behalf for them to attend the weekend and for the spiritual guidance they will provide in their candidate’s Fourth days
- that nothing will compromise the safety or comfort of the candidates and team members duringthe weekend
- that the Body of Christ will be built up with new Fourth Day members as they establish their own ministries after their weekend