The Caterpillar's Experience
The butterfly symbolizes Christ’s death and resurrection and the Chrysalis movement has adopted its life cycle as an illustration of the spiritual growth and transformation that occurs on the weekend. Caterpillars undergo tremendous change as chrysalis in their cocoons and emerge as amazing butterflies. On a Chrysalis weekend, you leave your old self behind and become someone new in Christ as part of the process.
Who should go on a Chrysalis Weekend?
- Desire to strengthen their relationship with Jesus
- May have unanswered questions about prayer, study, living out and sharing their faith with others
- Understand that there is a responsibility that comes with following Christ
- Are willing to dedicate the rest of their everyday lives to God
What happens on a Chrysalis Weekend?
The weekend will be filled with singing, learning, laughing, worshiping, reflecting, praying and participating in small groups. Discussions will center around fifteen talks given by youth and adult laity and clergy. These talks present the theme of God’s grace, how that grace comes alive in the Christian community and how it is expressed in the world. You’ll also discover how grace is real in your life, how you live a life of grace, and how you bring that grace to others.
There will be a daily opportunity to celebrate Holy Communion and to understand more fully the body of Christ. You will experience God’s grace through the prayers and acts of anonymous service - agape - offered by the Chrysalis community. This experience of Christian love in action will equip you for new levels of grace-filled service and leadership in your Fourth Days.
What Happens After a Chrysalis Weekend?
- Continue to grow your spiritual life through worship, study and fellowship in your local church
- Become more active disciples of Christ in service to the world
You are invited to participate in small groups who meet regularly for encouragement, support, and accountability. There are larger gatherings for fellowship, worship and discipleship. The Chrysalis community also supports upcoming flights and journeys.